2017 CSPTA Roadeo Contest
DEADLINE to Register: June 2
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools Transportation Building
1350 E. 126th Ave.
Thornton CO, 80241
IMPORTANT: Before the Event
Please send a current copy of the Driver's, DOT, MVR, and First Aid for both driver and para to:
Mail to: Cherry Creek Schools, Attn: Debbie Kinemond
25001 E. Belleview Ave., Aurora, CO 80016
SPECIAL NEEDS ROADEO TEST WILL BE ADMINISTERED “DAY OF” THE EVENT.
The Awards Banquet will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the Dome in the Adams County Fairgrounds located at 9755 Henderson Rd. in Brighton, CO 80601. The Banquet is free for contestants and judges, all other guests are $25 each. Purchase guest tickets below.
- Final payment due June 2
- Cancellations after the June 2 deadline will be transferable, but not refundable.
- Participant forms and waivers available on www.cspta.org soon.
Participants may register onsite on the day of the competition.
NOTE: The cost the day of the event will be $80 single/$160 team, payable in cash or check only made payable only to CSPTA. Please mail your check to:
Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association
P.O. Box 29302
Thornton, CO 80229
Special Needs Roadeo Competition may include the following:
- (30) Test Questions relating to transporting students with disabilities and additional Federal Regulations
- Emergency Evacuation Events
- Load and Secure Events
- School Bus Pre-Trip Inspection (Find the Defects)
- Roadeo Skills Course Competition
Study guide recommendations will include the following:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- US Department of Education
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations FMVSS
- Feeding Tube Awareness Foundation
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Federal Transit Administration
- IDEA – Individualized Disabilities Education Act
- FAPE – Free Appropriate Public Education
- LRE – Least Restricted Environment
- ADA – American’s with Disabilities Act
The conventional division roadeo competition will include the following events:
- Written Test
- Pre-Trip (Find the designated defects – timed event)
- Skills Course (May Include: Alley Dock, Off-Set Alley, Diminishing Clearance, Stop Line in Front or Rear, Student Stops, Railroad Crossing, Serpentine forward or backward, Parallel Park either side, any other event designated by the course planners)
- Study Guide
STUDY GUIDE REFERENCE MANUALS
(50) QUESTION WRITTEN TEST
- CDL Manual
- CDE Regulations
- Colorado Driving Handbook
- First aid/CPR