CSPTA is proud to announce that our annual poster contest, for all students, is now open. The theme this year is: Can't Touch This - The Danger Zone!
It’s that time once again to encourage the students in your district to participate, with your support we can increase school bus safety awareness in our state. Here are the limitations and guidelines you need to know about, so please read the rules and regulations here. Here are a few guidelines:
· Poster size must be 11”x 17” or 12”x 18”
· Part of a yellow school bus must be present · A 3”x 5” card must be attached to back of poster, click here to download
· All Art work must be original
· Poster design may not incorporate any copyrighted characters
· No glued items – wood, glass, metal
Winners of the Colorado State Contest will advance to the National Association for Pupil Transportation level. Prizes are awarded at this stage in November 2020. Please make sure your student's information is on the back of each poster. Once posters are finished, please mail the entries to:
- 2020 Poster Contest
Adams 14 Schools Transportation Services
c/o Poster Committee
4211 East 68th Ave Commerce City, CO 80022
- Every poster and slogan must harmonize with the 2020 poster contest theme. Contestants must illustrate the above theme only. The theme on the poster must be exactly as shown above, to include all punctuation.
WHO MAY ENTER:
- Any student enrolled in a public, parochial or other private elementary or middle school (plus High school for Divisions 4 and 5 only) in the United States of America, Canada or an overseas US military installation may submit artwork to the National School Bus Safety Poster Contest.
- Completed poster size must be 11” x 17” or 12" x 18". Posters may be illustrated on the vertical or horizontal axis.
- Designs should be submitted on quality tag, poster illustration board or heavy paper. Construction paper may be used but winning entries must be mounted on quality tag poster. Lamination is not permitted and will disqualify the poster.
- There is no limitation on the use and number of colors.
- There is no limitation on the type of media -- such as print, crayon, felt pen, etc. -- used on the poster design; however, wood, plastic, glass or metal should not be part of the poster. Collage materials should not be used. Glued on pieces will disqualify the poster.
- Lettering and Drawing: The poster design may incorporate freehand letters only. Stenciled, pre-printed, manufactured stick-on or press-on letters or tracings may not be used and will disqualify the poster. Lettering should be clearly legible, even if used as part of the poster design. Cut paper / stencils (freehand or pre-drawn stick-on stencils) are not permitted and will disqualify the poster.
- Poster designs may not incorporate any copyrighted materials (i.e., comic and/or television characters), including stock artwork, meaning photographs or other images of common places, landmarks, nature, events or people; clip art, meaning anything from an existing collection of pictures or images that can be imported from or into the poster; and non-original raster graphics or vector graphics.
- Drawings must be original, correct in safety concept and the exclusive work of the student entering the contest in idea, design and execution. All artwork should be positive in approach, demonstrating only proper school bus safety behaviors.
- At least a part of a yellow school bus must be present in the poster.
- There must be a 3" x 5" card/entry blank securely fastened to the back of the poster which includes the student's name, grade, age, teacher’s name, email address, school name and school address. Please print clearly. Do not place name, school, etc., on the front of the poster. Display information on the back only.
- An art instructor or art teacher should supervise all work.