On June 11, 2018, CSPTA contestants took classes and notes for what’s preparing them for the annual Tech Contest on Tuesday, July 12.
Overall 32 contestants statewide competed at Cherokee High School at the CSPTA Technician Contest to be named this year's "best of the best". Stations included interior and exterior, engine compartment and undercarriage.
The 2018 winners were:
- 1st place - Zach Davis (Douglas County School District)
- 2nd place - Kyle Shanahan (Academy District 20)
- 3rd place - Shawn Rutherford (Adams 12 Five Star Schools)
- Best of Mechanical - Zach Davis (Douglas County School District)
- Best of Inspection - Kyle Shanahan (Academy District 20)
Special thanks to Cherry Creek Transportation Fleet manager Steve Wright for providing buses for the four-day event. Special thanks to Hydrotex Dwight Gleaves, McCandless Tim Mickey and Car Show sponsor Diversified.
Great job everyone judges and contestants see you next year!